The Law Offices of Flint & Crawford
5 Things to do After a Truck Accident
Big trucks make big accidents, which is why being involved in a truck accident is always a scary time. The panic, the fear, the confusion, and the pain all make it hard to know what to do and where to go for help you take a suggestion from auto accident Lawyer. Once the dust has settled, here’s five things to do after a truck accident.
- Get to safety– After the accident the first thing you need to do is get to safety. This goes for you and everyone else. Make sure you’re not in a position where you can get hit by other cars or receive further injury.
- Call the Police– Once everyone is safe, contact the police so they can come to the scene and facilitate the process. You’ll want to make sure they fill out and file an official police report. If you end up filing a personal injury suite, this report can make or break your case.
- Go to the doctor– Even if you don’t think you’re not injured, it’s a good idea to have a doctor examine you. Some injuries take a few days to feel, but a doctor might be able to find and document some hidden injuries. This will also strengthen your case.
- File the claim– You’ll want to file a claim with your insurance company to help with medical bills and car repairs.
- Lawyer up– If things get hairy, as they often do with truck accidents, a lawyer will be your best friend. Truck accidents are different from car accidents, so you need someone who has truck accident experience. Different parties can be held liable in a truck accident, it could be the driver, the trucking company or the insurance company.
If we feel that you need assistance or help, we will immediately start to leverage our experience and knowledge as Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana auto accident Lawyer to develop the best possible strategy for your case.
If you feel that you or a loved one has been wrongfully injured, call The Law Offices of Flint & Crawford today for a free consultation or contact us online.